How many have viewed this

Monday, 14 July 2014

My sweet potato obsession - photo guide to making soup!

Sweet potatoes are a nutritious and mineral bound gift from the earth to our taste buds. Thank you earth :)

I did a quick google search for a nice and easy soup recipe I could use with my sweet potatoes. I love to add onion usually, but it can cause acid reflux when I use it so often, so in this recipe I found, I omitted the onion and used two large sweet potatoes instead!


The full recipe I used was here: http://talesofakitchen.com/soups/carrot-and-sweet-potato-soup-with-ginger-and-coriander/


Below is my quick photo guide to making: 



Carrot and sweet potato soup with ginger and coriander


 2 chopped sweet potatoes

 2 cups of chopped carrots
Extra rinse

 Heat around four tablespoons of olive oil
 Grind in a bowl a tablespoon of Coriander
Mince up a tablespoon of fresh ginger

 Have the stock handy


Add olive oil to pan and heat, enough to cover most of bottom of pan
First add the ginger to sizzle for 30 seconds, then add the carrots and sweet potatoes, cook for a couple of minutes, just to envelope the food in the olive oil and flavour
 Pour in the stock, I used 1.5 stock cubes and mixed it with enough water to cover the veg in the pan (I don't stick to exact measurements)

 When the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat and add the crunched and grounded coriander.
 Add salt to flavour, sea salt is best, and the amount is up to you! For me, I put in a few twists.

 Leave to simmer on low heat, until the vegetables are soft and tender.

 When the soup is almost cool, pour into blender, but only half fill at a time, depending on size of blender of course.

 Looks a little like baby food, but taste phenomenal! I used a fresh pan to pour the blended soup into.
 Et voila!!


Thanks!

Carrie O.